Friday, September 25, 2020

Book review: Possessed - Duty and Sacrifice 3

Hi there you guys. I hope you are okay. ^^ I said I would take a break from the Alder King and I meant it, so here we are with the next book in the God Jar's Saga, the third and final one of the first trilogy: Possessed: Duty and Sacrifice 3, by Devon Vesper. Thanks to Gay Book Promotions for sending me a copy of this book and next ones!

  • Saga: The God Jar's Saga #3
  • Print Length: 306 pages
  • Publisher: Magelight Press (December 12, 2017)
  • Publication Date: December 12, 2017
  • Genres: Fantasy Romance, M/M Gay Romance
  • Rating: 3 / 5
Valis works as a man possessed, but there’s no outrunning the past.
In war training, Valis advances quickly, but in magic training, he’s lucky not to blow himself up trying to wield his dual magic. Constant growth spurts make him outgrow his training armor and his attraction to his mentor, Tavros, rising to molten levels puts Valis under added pressure.
And there’s one more problem Valis can’t seem to shake—his birth father, Roba. He demands Valis pay him a visit in exchange for information, but his request is one Valis can’t accept.
But Roba is not a man who deals well with being told no, and he will do everything in his power to get his way. And his way may just haunt Valis forever.

I have to be honest. I expected a lot in this book because it started way too good. There was action, magic, intrigue and mystery. There was potention for something great, perhaps a good fight, which made get excited as I advanced. However, I found the total opposite, which is not bad in the strict sense of the word, but I'm still a bit downhearted.

The thing is that everyone, and I mean every-single-character in the novel, treats Valis as if he's gonna break down in shards any second now. I get he's been through hell several times, but I'm severely concerned that doing so many things for him could do any good in the long term. This will change after this book, thankfully, because it was becoming bothersome.

There are some twists here and there, and a major-ly gross scene that made me shiver for a while (didn't see that coming, I'll give you that, Devon!) These kept me interested, and I would lie if I didn't say I didn't like this novel becayse the characters and ideas are great. There is also some character development, so while not my favorite so far in the saga, the third book still gave a good time.

While the style became a little erratic, along with the plot (there is one scene that didn't have have any reason to happen, honelty, and had a major impact in the book,) Devon Vesper took some risks in Possessed: Duty and Sacrifice 3. I'm looking forward to what happens next and how the characters fare this time, far away from their comfort zone.

About Devon Vesper:
Born on a Navy base in Patuxent River, Maryland, Devon has traveled the world, living in Sigonella, Sicily for three years, and visiting many European countries before moving back to the states around the age of seven. She’s lived in Florida for sixteen years, Oklahoma for a year, and Pennsylvania for the rest. She graduated from surgical technology school near the top of her class in 2004, and uses her medical and worldly knowledge to enrich her books whenever possible. Since she has bipolar disorder, PTSD, social anxiety disorder, general anxiety disorder, clinical depression, and has trouble leaving her house due to all that, Devon works full time as an author and editor, and spends as much time as she can talking to other authors and her readers. Website.

Have you read this book? Would you recommend it or not? Let me know in the comments! Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment