Thursday, September 17, 2020

Book review: Forgiven

Hi everyone! How are you feeling today? I got the chance to return to an amazing gay club and meet new characters that made me smile like an idiot for days. DAYS! Seriously, this is my favorite book so far in the saga! I'm speaking about Forgiven, by Colette Davison, which came out today, so make sure you get your copy ASAP! Thanks a bunch to Gay Book Promotions for the review copy!

  • Print Length: 236 pages
  • Series: Heaven and Hell Club #2
  • Publisher: Selfpublished (September, 17, 2020)
  • Publication Date: September, 17, 2020
  • ASIN: B08GZLW2YG
  • Genres: Romance, Gay, Bisexual, Drama
  • Rating: 5 / 5 stars
Can love and acceptance help Callum forgive himself?
Callum’s past haunts him and he’s desperate for a fresh start. When his uncle takes him in and the manager of the Heaven and Hell Club gives him a chance, things might be looking up.
Then he meets Dylan—a cocky, make-up wearing twink who challenges all his assumptions about himself.
Getting to know each other changes everything, as they give each other the love and acceptance they’ve both craved throughout their lives. But will it be enough to ease their doubts, heal their wounds, and allow them to have their own happy ever after?
Forgiven is the third book in the Heaven and Hell Club series. It’s a hurt/comfort romance, with a slow burn relationship, a bi-sexual awakening, tattoos, and piercings in interesting places. It can be read as a standalone, but works better as part of the series.
Content warning: homophobic family.

Callum's and Dylan's story was an emotional roller coaster in every sense. I couldn't not sympathize with them, feel their pain, hurt, regret, joy, love, and lust. Sweet heaven, their lust! Despite this is the purest book so far compared to the past two (and even more the first one!) it was sexy as hell and so cute I couldn't stop smiling. Seriously. Not that I wanted to, mind you, because this is plain C.U.T.E.

I always like it much more when there are bisexual characters in the mix for obvious reasons, and Colette Davison did an amazin job including a bi guy here! The fear, the confussion, the doubts, even the damned bisexual erasure and prejudice that surrounds it, this book has it all. A bit idealistic in some ways, but I couldn't expect otherwise coming from the Heaven and Hell guys.

This romance took me back to that confusing, and that's the reason why I was so affected while reading. It took some effort not to cry and to conceal my smiles, hell, even to hide them, because I could see myself and every single bi guy in this story. I felt so identified it hurt to keep going, yet the chemistry and the love between these two guys was so beautiful and (yes, I need to say it again) f*cking cute I couldn't stop.

If anyone asks me, I think I have some ideas about who will be the next guy to take the highlight in the Heaven and Hell saga, perhaps one of the dancers, who is still single, or someone from Dylan's past (that's my favorite theory). However, I'd rather enjoy the afterglow and daydream about living something like Forgiven, kink and all included! This book had the right amount of tears, sweat and laughs!

About Colette Davison:
Colette’s personal love story began at university, where she met her future husband. An evening of flirting, in the shadow of Lancaster castle, eventually led to a fairytale wedding. She’s enjoying her own ‘happy ever after’ in the north of England with her husband, two beautiful children and her writing.

Have you read this book? Would you recommend it or not? Let me know in the comments! Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

2 comments: