Friday, September 4, 2020

Book Review: Abstract Love

Well, hi there! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I just finished one hell of a novel that I needed to write right away! I'm speaking about Abstract Love, by Sara Dobie Bauer and... Oh man, I loved this book so much! Thank you Sara for sending me a copy!

  • Print Length: 284 pages
  • Publisher: Self-published (September 4th 2020)
  • Expected publication: September 4th 2020
  • Genres: Romance, Drama, Bisexual, Homoerotic
  • Rating: 5 / 5 stars
I hate Sam Shelby. So why do I want to kiss him? Sam never expected to move back to Cleveland. Donovan never expected to be attracted to a man. Well, shit happens. After high school, Sam Shelby moved to New York. Eight years later, he returns to Cleveland and lands a job at the best ad firm in town. It would be the perfect gig, if his boss weren’t such an ass. After his wife leaves, Donovan Cooper questions everything. The arrival of a young, arrogant, gifted graphic designer at Donovan’s firm is the last straw. Tempers flare over office gossip, and following a nasty argument and scathing kiss, Donovan flails away from heterosexuality while Sam struggles to keep his “no relationship” rule intact. Despite ugly socks, fiery fights, and their best intentions to not fall in love, these bullheaded coworkers can’t deny their chemistry. Donovan seeks happiness while Sam seeks success, but is there room for more? ABSTRACT LOVE is a 71,000 word enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy with an age gap. 

Let's begin with the fact that I already love this woman's book. This is the third novel I read from her, and if I couldn't put down the past ones, it war worse with this one! Seriously, I stopped only because humans need to sleep. A fanboy-ish, prettier way of saying this was an addictive reading.

Sam and Donovan are way too human and complex, their relationship is not an easy one, and they start a hectic ride towards understanding each other and their chemistry. Zen? Amazing, she deserves a book of her own, or maybe a novella, or something. Sam? Loved him, utterly, maddening, he's the kind of person this world needs, full of positive energy, and I loved how he evolved and chaged. But Donovan? Fucking loved him. He was the most natural and likeable character of them all (not that the others were any less appealing, mind you.) He's the perfect reflection of everyone's worst fear; once you read this, you will know for sure why.

Sara created a nice middle point between slow-burn and high-voltage love story with this book, and I'm so glad I got to read it because it has been healing, even! It explores topics such as work, the future, passion and hobby-called talents. There are so many insecurities included that you get to feel the story as if you were one of the characters, and the Gods know I wanted so badly to be there with these two lovebirds, not only for the sexy scenes (please, just please, how hot can a novel be?) but also for the hard, sad ones.

I lost count of how many times I smiled, giggled and gasped as I finished each chapter, eager to see how this would end, and I'm not spoiling anything to you, but if you've read Sara, then you will know and also get some nice surprises on the way. I my be a bit biased since it features biseuxal characters, and I could identify with many of their insecurities, but seriously, I couldn't not love it. ^^ Abstract Love is one more great novel on its way, so stay tuned to pre order it as soon as you can!

About Sara Dobie Bauer:
Sara Dobie Bauer is a writer, model, and mental health advocate with a creative writing degree from Ohio University. Her short story, "Don't Ball the Boss," was nominated for the Pushcart Prize, inspired by her shameless crush on Benedict Cumberbatch. She lives with her hottie husband and two precious pups in Northeast Ohio, although she'd really like to live in a Tim Burton film. She is the author of the paranormal rom-com Bite Somebody, among other ridiculously entertaining things. Read more at SaraDobieBauer.com.

Have you read this book? Would you recommend it or not? Let me know in the comments! Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment