Thursday, October 1, 2020

Book review: Regaining Trust

Hi there, you guys! I hiope you are okay. ^^ I just read a new book, short, but boy was it powerful! Regaining Trust, by Nell Iris, gave me so many emmotions and made me think about many things I couldn't stop reading until the end. Thank you so much to Gay Book Promotions for sending me a copy!

  • Print Length: 106 pages
  • Publisher: JMS Books LLC (September 30, 2020)
  • Publication Date: September 30, 2020
  • Genres: Gay, Homoerotic, Romance, Drama
  • Rating: 4 / 5
When workaholic Lawrence Weller walks in on the aftermath of his fiancé Frankie cheating on him, his world shatters. Frankie’s the love of his life, the only person he’s ever trusted, and the betrayal leaves him devastated.
Franklin Ennis makes a huge mistake he regrets deeply before it’s even over. He pleads for a second chance, willing to do whatever it takes to save their relationship.
A love that deep doesn’t just stop, so Lawrence agrees to try. But mistakes don’t happen in a vacuum. Are they both willing to own up to their part? Will their love be enough to repair what was crushed? Can trust once broken be rebuilt?

Cutest. Thing. Ever. I smiled, laughed, gasped and almost cried with this. This thing. This piece of heaven and heart and honey. I knew when I read the synopsis that I had to read the whole thing, but I didn’t expect it to be this powerful and moving!

Frankie and Law go through Hell in this book, their relationship is put under the hardest of tests, and I was on the edge several times as I read. We are always told love conquers it all and that all you need is love for it to be perfect, but this book puts that idea into test as these characters try to find themselves after both commit horrible mistakes that jeopardize their relationship.

As I said before, the writing style is powerful, charming enough to make you daydream several times as you accompany the characters in their healing journey. I lost track of time as I learned about them, their story, their past, saw their surprisingly human interactions, and even go aroused now and then. Not that often, mind you, but enough, since this is such a drama that let me breathless.

Regaining Trust, by Nell Iris, is the perfect book for you if you like moving stories about real romances. This is for the weak of heart, because some scenes are painful to go through, but it’s worth it. Both characters grow so much as they learned from their mistakes that I cannot help but be happy and wonder what will be of them. Frankie and Lawrence are a gorgeous couple that share every grain of passion and love with their readers! 

About Nell Iris:
Nell Iris is a romantic at heart who believes everyone deserves a happy ending. She’s a bona fide bookworm (learned to read long before she started school), wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without something to read (not even the ladies room), loves music (and singing along at the top of her voice but she’s no Celine Dion), and is a real Star Trek nerd (Make it so). She is a bisexual Swedish woman married to the love of her life, a proud mama of a grown daughter, and is approaching 50 faster than she’d like. Nell lives in the south of Sweden where she spends her days thinking up stories about people falling in love. After dreaming about being a writer for most of her life, she finally was in a place where she could pursue her dream and released her first book in 2017. Nell Iris writes gay romance, prefers sweet over angsty, short over long, and quirky characters over alpha males.

Have you read this book? Would you recommend it or not? Let me know in the comments! Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment