Monday, July 25, 2022

Writing Checklist

Has it happened to you that you forget something important, essential, for your well-being? I'm always speaking about others' books, always reviewing others' work, and I realized I've neglected my own creativity. I started writing many times but didn't dedicate enough time to each project, and there are even a few that I have outlined but haven't actually started writing.
John_Nature_Photos - Pixabay
It's not a secret that English is not my first language, and I've said it before that I don't feel I've mastered enough to write the way I'd like to when it comes to fiction or even poetry. However, I feel more confident, and I'm tired of postponing them all. I want to give it a try.

Today I want to share with you a few of my ideas, what I have in mind, and while it's true that I don't know exactly which one I'm going to start with first, what I know for sure is that I'll pick one and, hopefully, finish it this year. 
 
  • Phoenix of Cinder: Queer Snow White + Cinderella fantasy retelling with witches, vampires, and prostitution. Started writing.
  • Nameless: Queer Rapunzel fantasy retelling with immortals. Maybe witches? Barely started.
  • Death, Sweet Death: Queer vampire-fae urban fantasy romance with a witch-writer. Barely started.
  • The Son of the Rose: Fantasy short story; slightly related to The Boy in Red poem. Started writing.
  • The Skyclad Ball: Book of poems. Might include the Boys in Color series. Almost done?
  • AK Project: Non-Fiction book on the Fae. Outlined and research (possibly) done.

I didn't want to include any details or many ideas because I hardly have them clear myself. I don't like knowing exactly what's going to happen, just a few details and having a sense of direction, so I can have some fun while writing. I do need to edit, revisit, rewrite, rephrase, and so on in the middle of the process, and again when I'm done, but I love it like that no matter how tired I end up.

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment