Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Manga: Seven Sundays, Vol. 1

Hello hello. Another week, another manga, and this one is as good as amusing. We all need more stories that don't take it too seriously, and while it's true that there's a dose of drama in Seven Sundays, Vol. 1, by Charyeok, you can expect a lighthearted, simple comedy romance that doesn't promise or ask much. As always, many thanks to the publisher for the review copy!

  • Print Length: 264 pages.
  • Publisher: Ize Press (Yen Press)
  • Publication Date: July 21, 2026.
  • Genres: Comedy, Drama, Gay, Manga, Romance.
  • Rating: 4/5 stars.
Taeyang never thought he’d run into his first love, Jiwan, again—things didn’t exactly end well after Jiwan ghosted him years ago. So when Taeyang’s heroic firefighter rescue lands him a television appearance at the very station where Jiwan works, Taeyang seizes his chance. But no amount of imagining their reunion could have prepared Taeyang for the revelation that awaits him…Turns out, Jiwan has a kid—named Taeyang, no less! And after Taeyang learns Jiwan’s son is as old as their breakup, all the pieces start to fall into place. Now he knows just what to do: compel Jiwan into giving him seven of his Sundays for seven dates to make up for all that lost time!

The story doesn't waste any time. As soon as you get started, you learn both characters' backgrounds, their story together, and how the dynamic will move forward. As I mentioned, it does have a small dose of relationship and past history drama, but the whole point of it is Taeyang's mission to win Jiwan's heart once again.

I love that many of the panels and the page distribution in Seven Sundays, Vol. 1 reflected how composed and controlled both characters tried to be for the sake of being adults. However, you could still see that there was a spark between them all the time. While Jiwan fought it more often than not, there were times when it became more obvious than I expected.

More character development would have been great; I'm not going to lie. There were times when it seemed all characters were linear, when in reality there is depth to each of them, even little Taeyang. There's more than meets the eye, so I was left waiting for more but got less than what could have been delivered. Other than that, I cannot complain much about this manga.

As a simple, easy read, I like how Seven Sundays, Vol. 1 has fun with itself, and how Charyeok didn't take it too seriously so we readers could have a good time with it. Could it have been better? You could say that, but it still works for me, and I hope you give it a try when you're looking for a romantic comedy to take it easy and just go with the flow.

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment