Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Book review: Pagan Portals - Persephone

Hello, everyone. I hope you are safe and feeling good. Do you remember when I said I wanted to I want to strengthen my necromancy skills? There was a Goddess I was eager to learn more about because she is so related to that I really couldn't skip her. I'm speaking about Persephone, who I got to know and love by reading Pagan Portals - Persephone: Practicing the Art of Personal Power, by Robin Corak. Thanks to the publisher for sending me a copy!


  • Print Length: 112 pages
  • Series: Pagan Portals
  • Publisher: Moon Books (May 1, 2020)
  • Publication Date: May 1, 2020
  • ISBN-10: 1789043336
  • ISBN-13: 978-1789043334
Embark upon a powerful journey with Persephone, Queen of the Underworld and Goddess of Spring, as she helps you to discover your personal power and take control of your life. 'There is something for everyone in this book, which will be of interest to long-standing devotees of Persephone as well as those feeling newly-called to work with this powerful Goddess who helps us to walk a path of empowerment.' Jhenah Telyndru, founder of the Sisterhood of Avalon and author of Rhiannon: Great Queen of the Celtic Britons

If you've ever felt loosing control over your own decisions, if others are taking them for you, or needed to get back your sovereignty and independence, this book is definitely for you! Persephone is a Goddess with powerful teachings about these topics, and I think she will come in handy this Pride Month when we think about being our truest selves.

Lacking control over her own choices and her life, Persephone is the Goddess we may need right now between all the chaos we're living. She teaches us how to be in control when it seems impossible, how to breathe in and be the masters of our own destinies by defying the odds.

However, I was interested in her because of her role as a psychopomp, and I have to say Robin Corak filled my expectations in this regard. She explains how to work with the Goddess, get near to her, know her and gain her favor for this and other matters. As the Queen of the Underworld, Persephone is a poweful ally to both honor and connect with the deceased.

I would say my favorite part of the book were the journaling prompts. They help you have a more solid understandng regarding Persephone, her different roles, your personal Underworld and your shadow. Liked that, really liked that!

Grab your copy of Pagan Portals - Persephone: Practicing the Art of Personal Power if you're in for a bit of shadow-work, a bit of journaling, and a lot of introspection. You will go down to your darkest corner to rise anew.

About Robin Corak:
A practicing pagan for roughly 20 years, Robin Corak is a long-time member of the Sisterhood of Avalon where she currently serves as the Board Secretary. She has been published in a variety of anthologies and teaches locally and nationally at conferences including Paganicon, and Pantheacon. Robin is also the CEO of a large non-profit organization, a member of the Forbes Non-Profit Council, and a recipient of multiple leadership awards. She lives in Edgewood, WA, USA.

Have you read this book? Would you recommend it or not? Let me know in the comments! Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment