Monday, June 1, 2020

Book review: Forgotten

Hi, everyone! I hope you are well. I'm super late with this review. It should have been published earlier, but many, and I mean many things got in between. However, I really enjoyed reanding and listening to the second book in the Heaven and Hell Club series, Forgotten, by Colette Davison. Thank you so much to Gay Book Promotions for sending me ebook and audiobook copies!

  • Print Length: 338 pages
  • Series: Heaven and Hell Club 2/3
  • Audiobook Narrator: Piers Ryman
  • Audio Lenght: 7 hrs and 42 mins
  • Publisher: Selfpublished (May 3, 2019)
  • Publication Date: May 23, 2020
  • ASIN: B086B9SYF7
  • ISBN-13: 979-8623722638
Can he build a future, when he’s forgotten his past?Jared has fought hard to achieve something close to ‘normal’. Needing to get away from his well-meaning but suffocating family, he follows a message he wrote on a scrap of paper to a new city, hoping to find a missing piece of his past.When Kyrone, a cocky pole dancer at the Heaven and Hell Club, saunters into the tattoo parlour Jared works in, his life is turned upside down again. A passionate one night stand turns into something unexpected for both men. But life is never simple as they work out if they can have a future beyond what has been forgotten.Forgotten is an MM romance with hurt/comfort, a small age gap, and two men who need to learn to be true to themselves. It is the second book in the Heaven and Hell Club series and, whilst it can be read as a standalone, works better if read after Broken.

If I liked Book 1, and I hope you did so if you're reading this, I loved Book 2! There way more drama, way more love and way more healing. Talking about an intense story here! There are simple charming moments, easy-going scenes anyone can enjoy, but be sure to expect more emotional ups and downs than the previous book. I would also say you definitely read Broken before reading this one.


Kyrone and Jared are a cute, sexy couple, and I certainly liked them more than Jag and Michael. Their story took longer for a good reason, each with their own decisions to deal with. As before, one of them stole the highlight for the good, which made the story all the more interesting.

What would you do if you lost 20 years of your life and everyone you're supposed to love is a stranger for you? What if you may not recover your past? Collete answers those questions with painful honesty, not sugar coating the possibilities, and I'm inclined to think that things may not end well in the long run. The ending is a bit open considering the future, but I guess she opted for a more optimistic approach.

It may be because of Jared's accent, but I really liked Piers Ryman's voice in this book. He was more consistent, and I had to put him on double speed because the writing was addictive. His tone and pace matched this story even more than the previous one, much calmer in some scenes and hotter in others.

Speaking of which... Dear, sweet heaven, 50 Shades you said? This is erotic, people, and of good quality. It doesn't matter how many times the characters have sex, but how the scenes make you feel about. I definitely felt something! It didn't make much sense that they had unprotected oral sex and then spoke about getting tested, if you ask me, but aside from that this a very hot book!

I hope there are more books in this series. Colette Davison has a great hand and I'm starting to like Piers Ryman's narration. This definitely ties together with the events of the previous book, and I'm adamant when I say you will want to read it before starting this one because how closely related they are. I gasped several times when I discovered more about the characters' pasts, which you will as well. You're gonna fall in love with how healing and cute Forgotten is.

About Colette Davison:
Colette’s personal love story began at university, where she met her future husband. An evening of flirting, in the shadow of Lancaster castle, eventually led to a fairytale wedding. She’s enjoying her own ‘happy ever after’ in the north of England with her husband, two beautiful children and her writing.

Have you read this book? Would you recommend it or not? Let me know in the comments! Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!

2 comments: