Friday, August 7, 2020

Faeryday: Flower offerings to the Fae

Hi there, people! I hope you are all doing alright. I've been leaving flowers as offering to the fae for a while now, and there are some flowers that feel right when I do. Also, it seems Friday it is faeries' favorite day, though I don't know why (yet.) So far, the best one are rose petals, but since that's pretty common I wanted to tell you more about the flowers that grow in my building's parking lot. By the way, all photos are mine (click on them to watch them in full size, I'm includng the specific name with each photo,) part of the #30DaysOfBeautyChallenge I'm doing on Instagram, inspired by Walking in Beauty. Feel free to participate!


Ipomoea purpurea
Morning Glory: I've had wonderful results with this one, and it's the one I use the most since I find fallen flowers almost daily; I'd rather not cut them since they fall on their own. I've fund they have a calming, yet evocative energy. When leaving them, I close my eyes, take a deep breath and blow on them visualizing blue air with small, dust-like sapphire crystals. I'm not sure if it has any connection with psychic development, but I've been more reeptive since I started offering this one. After rose petals, it is my favorite offering. By the way, I didn't know about its connection to masculine sexuality! ^^ Will connect with that side and let you know as soon as I have something to share.

Bougainvillea glabra
Bougainvillea: Although I used it first as offering for my beloved ancestors, since it's part of my family lore, let's say, it also felt perfectly right when I offered it to the Fae. It's calming as well, but has a more grounding energy. While Morning Glory is airy, this one feel earthy. I also blow on it before giving it, often visualizing bright pink wind. When I used it for my ancestors, I really felt protected in my home, safe and in control of my surroundings. I'm also inclined to think this is an offering to let it be known that, although you honor, appreciate and respect the energies to which you're giving it, you'd rather they don't get too involved for a while; a respectful way to tell "Let me try this on my own first." This one always says yes when I ask if I can take some flowers. 


Euphorbia milii var. splendens
Euphorbia milii: Also known as Crown of Thorns, I used it once with moderate results, not feeling much coming from it, to be honest, although it said yes right away when I asked it I could take a flower. I didn't pay much attetion afterward, but I've felt it calling me again and again these days. I'm particularly drawn to it because its thorns, so abundant and menacing, to protect those tiny petals; no, the red parts are bracts, the petals are between them. As I said, tiny. It's plant that needs no care, really, but needs LOTS of sun and thrives in dry soil, also having a slightly poisonous sap. Now, I think she's was testing me, seeing if I really cared about flowers, if I was serious about working with them. Keeping with the elemental associations, definitely a fire flower for me.

So there you go. There other flowers in that garden (not sure if I can call it that way, though,) and I'm slowly connecting with all of them and learning their names when possible. I also have dry petals, but those are for a future entry. Have you used or offered these flowers? Any folklore you could share? Let me know in the comments!

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment