Monday, October 17, 2022

Manga: Be My Love, My Lord

Guess what? I was planning on having a quick glance at this manga, I ended up waiting for the right time to finish it as soon as possible. It has the right amount of love and lust, with a light fantasy setting that made it irresistible. I'm talking about Be My Love, My Lord, by Adumi Nagano. Thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy!

  • Print Length: 210 pages.
  • Publisher: TokyoPop.
  • Expected Publication Date: March 14, 2023.
  • Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Gay, Homoerotic, Romantic, Yaoi.
  • Rating: 4 / 5 stars.
This is a world where humans keep beasts and beasts obey humans. Born as the second son of a well-known family, the lonely Reiji has always had his beastman servant, Tsubaki, as an irreplaceable presence since he was a child.
But one day his feelings turn to love, and Reiji playfully kisses Tsubaki, which invites his bestial lust. His sharp bite overflows with his own repressed feelings, but comes with a dark realization — they are different races, different castes. Can they overcome these hurdles and embrace their love?
This book contains sexual content and is intended for an audience aged 18 years and up.

Reiki and Tsubaki seems like your typical yaoi characters, but they quickly prove to be different. Reiji knows exactly what he wants, he's not afraid of asking for it, and Tsubaki can torture himself now and then, denying his feelings, but in the end he's that dominant lover who is impulsively sexy. These two make a great couple!

Of course the art couldn't be bad, so clean and filled soft lines, making it look adorable when it wasn't steamy, and the script is just as good, with tender scenes that make you smile and a surprise that I wasn't expecting. Time flies by while reading, you lose track of the hours, and it seems like you just started when you're done with it. Not. Fair. That's all I'm saying! 

Now, I would have liked more development, maybe a second volume, because the fantasy elements are left behind. The focus is on the romantic and erotic elements, which is great, but my fantasy vein felt neglected here! Things are settled in a simple way with not so much detail, but I still wanted to know more.

While it's true that I wanted more, I can't really complain, not when I was dreaming while immersed in Reiji and Tsubaki's love story. If you're into a good romance with light doses of drama and fantasy, this is a must-have then. Effective, addictive, and entertaining, I'm sure you'll be falling for these guys in no time when they hit the shelves!

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment