Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Poem: The Boy in White

I stay in silence, waiting for lightning,
I swallow my words to keep on standing,
Muscles numb, voices off,
I wait in silence, I wait in silence.

Plans unravel, they fail, I fall.
Not a sound is heard, a voice so stale.
Bottled up emotions, they stay, I cry.
Silence, silence. At night I pray.

Days go by, won't take my hand.
Feeble body, noisy thoughts.
A prison cell with not a wall.
The sun is swallowed by the clouds.

Mind shatters with every hour,
One is a hundred, thousands, a burden.
Mind shatters as I go closer,
Each piece a name in my shoulder.

Son of stone, son of clay.
We rise at night, we pray by day.
Without a name, without a face,
We rise and fall in our regrets.
We pray in silence, pray for silence,
It's all we know, all we love,
It's all we have, it's all we are,
Silent heart, and silent minds,
Numbed in life, yet not alive.


Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment