Monday, June 27, 2022

Manhwa: Hyperventilation

I've wanted to read something smutty, romantic, wholesome, maybe with fantasy. The kind of story you'd daydream with and with beautiful art. And as the saying goes, "ask and you shall receive", and ow did I get it. I devoured Hyperventilation, by Bboung Bbang Kkyu, in no time. Thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy!

  • Print Length: 192 pages
  • Publisher: TokyoPop (June 29, 2022).
  • Expected publication Date: June 29, 2022.
  • Genres: Drama, Gay, Homoerotic, Romantic, Yaoi.
  • Rating: 4 / 5 stars.
Myongi and Sunho haven't seen each other since they were 18 years old. Now 27, they run into one another at a high school reunion, and the romantic feelings they had for one another come rushing to the surface. But are they the same people now that they were back then?
This book contains sexual content and is intended for an audience aged 18 years and up.

I need to start saying that the art is simply gorgeous! I could get lost in those colors, lights, tones, and chiaroscuros. Even the simplest things look beautiful, and there's something poetic in how the story develops, although it is true that it's too simple, maybe one of them simplest stories I've read in a long while, which is exactly what makes it so refreshing and loveable to me.

It didn't take any time to get into this pretty world filled with colors and feelings, each complementing the other, an atmosphere so calming that could become erotic without being vulgar. It bothered me at first that it was censored, for sure, but now looking at the whole thing it's not such a big deal.

As you might expect, the lack of development was a double-edged sword. I ended up wanting to know more about how those feelings started, what happened that made these guys decide to have an adventure to begin with. There are several details missing. While it makes it all the more dreamlike, the practical side of me still wants to know more about what happened before and why things happened now.

All in all, Hyperventilation is a beautiful story that makes you smile and fills you with wonder. It reminds you of that long-time crush you couldn't forget even though years have passed, maybe even a love you thought forbidden. Bboung Bbang Kkyu is an incredible artist who I want to see more of.

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment