Monday, April 4, 2022

Poem: The Boy in Green

Boy in green, boy in green, where you hiding, boy in green?
Inside the closet, under the bed?
Inside the bathroom, under the stairs?
Boy in green, boy in green, won't you come out and play?

You get lost in your words and in foreign worlds,
I see you escaping at the littlest chance.
Boy in green, I see you cry, I see you shout,
Are you sad, are you angry, or are you scared?

Every day, you dress like you want,
Nobody hears, but you speak your mind.
Boy in green, you little thing,
You make so much noise, but what for?

You get lost in the woods with your eyes closed,
You see many eyes when you look at smoke,
Yet your voice is ignored, your tears dry alone,
"Man up" they say, yet you've worn out your lungs.

Green is your soul, hard to the core after so many blows.
Green is your hope, with less numbers at the end of the day.
Boy in green, boy in green, I see you hiding, why is it?
Boy in green, boy in green, they're calling for you, they're calling for me.

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautifully written poem I like it very much growing up in the 70's&80's I had to hide the fact that I was gay from my family and friends till it got to the point where I didn't know who I was anymore

    ReplyDelete