Friday, August 27, 2021

Faerydays: Why the Alder King?

Good morning, sweeties. I hope you are well and in the mood for some thinking. I was recently thinking that, although I always tell others to examine why they are called to work with a certain deity or spirit, I haven't done it with some, the Alder King being one of them.
Image by LUM3N from Pixabay.
For those who are not familiar with Him, or that need some recap because I know I haven't written about him in a long while, you can read the past entries right here:


Now, why do I work with the Alder King? Why would anyone want to do it? Basically, he represents everything I am and aspire to be: queer, cunning, psychic, a healer, a guardian, connected to the other side, and often demonized or misinterpreted.

I define myself as a healing witch, maybe even this interest in necromancy is related to my work as a healer, and my divination sessions are often aimed at helping others with their questions and feel better, more confident about past, present, and/or future.

When I think about the Alder King, I think about a monarch who is often portrayed as the villain because he is different, because he thinks differently, and challenges the social norms of those around him. I see him as a powerful outcast who revels in uniqueness, differences, and individuality. He can be dangerous, that's for sure, but also a mighty ally if taken the care to get to know him.

However, I also see him as a confident, aggressive, masculine energy. He is a warrior and doesn't accept a no. I see this side of him as something I need to learn to apply, not as an abusive personality trait but as a way to put limits. I don't feel comfortable doing harmful magic, although I do it when I have to, and I'm the worst person you could bring into a fight because I don't even know how to punch someone. I struggled with bullying for 11 years in elementary and high school because I didn't know how to defend myself and felt insecure about being violent.

The Alder King clearly doesn't have this problem. He knows what he wants and stops at nothing to get it. I am as persistent and passionate about my projects, but I'm always doubting whether I can or not, if I'll be able to do it or not. There's that little doubt on the back of my mind that I need to heal still.

I know I can work with the Alder King regarding psychic development, queerness, otherness, protection, healing, and divination, but he can also teach me about aggressive magic, confidence, and self-defense. I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared about it, but who said the path to becoming your highest self would be easy and fun? And now that I think about it, all those things are connected to the four powers of bisexual witches; maybe that's a sign?

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment