Monday, February 26, 2024

Manga: Love Murder Basketball, Volume 1

After my last mangas, I wanted to read something dark, something disturbing, something that wasn't so nice and cute and lovely. I read the description of this volume and knew it would the best option. Boy it was. I'm already impatiently waiting for the next volume for LOVE MURDER BASKETBALL, Volume 1, by Kurutta Hito and Tsunderuuu. Thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy!

  • Mangakas: Kurutta Hito (script) with Tsunderuuu (art).
  • Expected Publication Date: November 28, 2023.
  • Publisher: TokyoPop.
  • Print Length: 194 pages.
  • Genres: Crime, Drama, Gay, Horror, Yaoi.
  • 5 / 5 stars.
A thrilling game of cat and mouse, murder and mystery...
As the son of one of the most infamous Yakuza bosses in Japan, Shoto Tanaka's life has been anything but average. Then he meets the most popular athlete in Japan, Goro Nakamura. Goro is used to putting on a show for the public, and since he comes from a family of wealth and notoriety, he's frequently in the limelight. Shoto, like many others, is captivated by his icy charisma.
What Shoto isn't aware of is that Goro is also the infamous 'Animosity Serial Killer' of Japan. In what ways will Goro and Shoto's profound devotion to one another and their various ideologies impact their complex relationship and those around them?
NOTE: This book contains explicit content and mature themes, including uncensored sex, bondage, violence, gore, and torture. It is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age.

I need to make something clear before anything. I've seen this book being shelved as romance. However, I am not that convinced that it falls in this category. If anything, it is a horror manga that presents a toxic relationship. There are scenes that do give that impression, that these two are totally in love, but it is not enough for me. I will leave the door open for the future volumes, however.

That being said, I did like reading it. It's one of those stories that grabs you and doesn't let you go until you are done with it, and it is done with you as well. While it's true that it doesn't happen too much in this first volume, it left me wanting more even though it wasn't as addictive as I expected it to be. It gets the job done, however!

The art is also a marvel. It's a particular style I hadn't seen before that works well with this story. It's delicate but still graphic, giving the whole book an atmospheric, calm air. The same style gets erotic whenever needed. Somehow, the same aesthetic works for these scenes, giving them a much better look than what you expect!

It's definitely a reading that will keep you entertained, wondering what will happen later. While simple, it's captivating, with fascinating characters that surprise you several times. If you're like me and enjoy stories with dark, difficult themes, you'll be done in no time and reading the webcomic right away.

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment