Monday, September 12, 2022

Book Review: Scars

Rise and shine, kuties! I got this book and couldn't stop myself from reading it. In all fairness, I'm always reading more than one at the time, always, but I freaked out when I found out about this one: Scarsby Cat R. Scott. Thanks to the author for sending me a review copy!

  • Series: Permanently Black and Blue #2
  • Print Length: 471 pages.
  • Publisher: NineStar Press (August 30, 2022).
  • Publication Date: August 30, 2022.
  • Genres: Contemporary, Drama, Erotica, Gay, Romance.
  • Rating: 5 / 5 stars.
After a disastrous first kiss, Shaun is angrier than ever. He doesn’t want to be gay, and he’ll do anything to avoid talking about his emotions. Jesse, however, is intrigued with the new–secret–budding romance and he needs someone to talk to.
Against Shaun’s advice, he befriends Kyle, Shaun’s ex-best friend, and tells him a lot more than he should. When everyone at school finds out about them, Shaun quits the band to escape the embarrassment.
Depressed and struggling with his sexuality, Shaun is hesitant when his old bandmate comes up with the idea for him to front his own band. With Jesse’s encouragement Shaun figures he might as well give it a shot.
Jesse wants to support him as much as possible, but he’s got serious issues going on at home. They are talking about moving out, but Jesse still has one last secret he’s holding on to, and he wonders if Shaun is mature enough to handle it.

I've been waiting for this novel since I read Deep Cut, and O. M. G!! I had to force myself to go to sleep and go on with some things, but man it was hard to stay focused! The characters and the plot are just everything I could have expected them to be. The pace was maddening, and every twist made it worse, but in the best of ways!

There are many things going on at the same time, but Cat manages to keep them all under control and unleash a magic like nothing I've seen before. She has a terrific hand at creating all kinds of scenarios and adding whatever she needs for the book to keep moving. Drama, romance, complex situations, sex... You name it!

Speaking about sex, OMG again. This book was hot! All the tension from the previous book, so thick you could cut it with a knife, finally exploded here. There's a primal need in almost every page. As soon as the sexual elements come into actions, they become essential, but only for the sake of it, but also to add another layer to the characters' development.

I cannot, and will not, say anything about this book, and whoever has a problem with it better stay away from me. But now, seriously, it's been a very long time since I was this addicted to something. I just wished it had come sooner, and that the third one doesn't take this long to come out. My heart needs more, girl! Scars was one hell of a ride, one I won't get tired of recommending to everyone. Please, please, read it!

About Cat R. Scott:
C.R. Scott is a self-taught writer with a BA in psychology. Her characters are flawed and imperfect and she loves them for it. They urge her to write their stories. She currently resides in the ever-changing climates of Ohio with her husband and two children. This is her first published book, with more to come. You can reach C.R. by sending her an eMail. Linktree.

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment