Tuesday, June 1, 2021

IT'S. PRIDE. MONTH. + Prayer

IT'S. PRIDE. MONTH. BITCHES!

I've been wanting for thing month to arrive for SO LONG! June is always so full of love, kindness, good vibes, healing, and empowerment, which are the very exact things I've needed for a long time. This has been a shitty year in many senses, but I've also done many, MANY things (I can't talk about yet, sorry) and June is the perfect season to recharge myself.
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Pexels.
I've been listening to Lady Gaga all this morning, and I don't think I'll change my playlist for a while, at least not for this first week. She has been such a big influence on who I am, who I want to be, and what I want to be remembered for, that I can only aim for that, exactly that. I don't know where I'll be a year or two, hell, I'm a totally different place compared to what I thought would be my future two years ago.

Although several of you guys are already out, and some have been for years and even decades, discrimination, bigotry, prejudice, and hatred are a big problem in our world, in some place more than others. Because of this, I want to share a prayer/spell I've used for a long time to get courage, strength, healing, or whatever it is that helps in a time of need. It's a poem that I hold really, really close to my heart, it is very special to me, so feel free to share it with whoever you like, but make sure to credit me in some way.

Sinner, faggot, toxic swine.
Not a word will break my smile
Highest peak or lowest hole,
Either way I'm not alone.
Highest self and shadow side,
Make me strong to face the tide.

I was in a very dark place when I wrote this poem. It came out of nowhere, and I'm so proud of it because it has been a big help these days. I try to repeat it at least once or twice a week, but there was a time when I had to chant it on a daily basis for a minute or two to calm down. It has been my anchor and I can only hope it becomes yours as well. We are one tribe, one group, one big (sometimes dysfunctional and problematic yet still loving) family, and we need to stay together as always.

I wish you all, rainbow tribe, a happy start of pride month!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment