Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Manga: Delivery for You!

I recently got a manga that I kept thinking about since I saw it for the first time. I already knew I'd love it because it's from Tokyopop, but I wanted to be fair and stay unbiased. And I made a fool out of myself, because of course I loved it. I'm speaking about Delivery for You!, by Teku Rin.

  • Mangaka: Teku Rin.
  • Publication Date: June 27, 2023.
  • Publisher: TokyoPop.
  • Print Length: 197 pages.
  • Genres: Comedy, Gay, Romance, Yaoi.
  • 4 / 5 stars.
Izumi Fukuya is 27 and single. His hobbies are collecting figures and gaming, and 99% of his shopping is done online. He is truly a homebody. Izumi's current fascination is with sexy delivery driver Tsuchiya! With his manly physique and warm smile, the days when he shows up are sure to be radiant. In the hopes of a rendezvous beyond his doorstop, Izumi spends day after day ordering otaku merch as an excuse to see Tsuchiya. This isn't a forbidden love... rather one man's crush on a cool, heroic guy!

This is such a cute story that I need a print copy as soon as possible! I wasn't sure about what to expect when it came to a manga that focused on humor, expectations, and even reminded me of my past self when I was obsessed with anime and manga (although I am still, as you might guess), it's a tale of love, humor, and deceptive appearances.

Also, the art matches the tone perfectly. The script is simple, but filled with those typical scenes we all love with some twists here and there. It's the perfect kind of reading that makes you daydream about what could happen next while also reminding that not everything is what it seems at first sight; I admit it surprised me more than once.

It's true that that second story at the end was a kind of strange addition. It would have worked wonderfully as a longer story, leaving more room for development of the main story. They are both enjoyable, but I feel they each deserved their own space to shine as they deserved.

With a unusual setting based on daydreaming scenarios every manga lover and otaku kid might have pictured ages ago, Delivery for You! is a story that satisfied both my inner kid and my adult self. It's beautiful, it's funny, it made me smile and laugh. It's the perfect pick for when you want something simple yet wholesome that adds light to your day. What's not to love?

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Feed this blog with your comments and shares so it grows healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment