Thursday, December 22, 2022

Reality Checks and Taking a Rest

Hello over there.

I'm sure you've noticed I've been highly inactive. I can't focus on the things I want/need to do, on so many ideas, plans, goals... My mind is all over the place, and my free time is getting shorter by the second.
"There was so much I wanted to do, so many things I had I mind, but there's only so much I can do on my own." Photo by Eugene Shelestov.
This has been a constant source of frustration. No matter how hard I try, I can't focus or find the energy I need to do anything related to this blog. The Patreon is also suffering, it wasn't the experience I was expecting, so I decided to take a rest.

I don't feel like myself, I don't like the way I'm doing whatever little I manage to accomplish, and due to some good, recent news, I'll be even busier the next year. It's bittersweet, I'm equally scared and excited, but I guess I can't keep the same level of energy as before.

Speaking with a friend, I confessed I felt like a liar. I promised I would do this and that, and haven't been able to keep my word. This is something that's been going on for a while, and I'm sick and tired of it. So, with all this, I'll be taking a much needed rest.

In retrospective, it wasn't the kind of ending I was expecting for this year. There was so much I wanted to do, so many things I had I mind, but there's only so much I can do on my own. Thanks a lot for the support and the kind words to those who I've exchanged with. While the Patreon will be on hiatus indefinitely, I'll be back in January with the blog.

I'll be reading, writing, developing my practice, finding new things to work with, new ideas, and recovering from what I think is a burn out.

Until then, kinky regards.

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment