Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Manga: My Dear Agent Series

I wasn't expecting to like this series so much since it doesn't have any fantasy, but I couldn't stop reading, smiling, daydreaming, and hoping these guys would get their happily ever after at some point. Also, the art is so gorgeous! I'm talking about My Dear Agent, by Ebino Bisque. Thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy!

  • Mangaka: Ebino Bisque.
  • Publication: 2023
  • Publisher: TokyoPop.
  • Print Length: 2 volumes.
  • Genres: Drama, Gay, Romance, Yaoi.
  • 4 / 5 stars.
  • Synopsis of the first volume:
Riichi is a man everyone describes as being ice cold. He's a talented agent who manages bodyguards for the heir to a major financial conglomerate. One day, he's ordered to be a buddy for a bold but capable newbie who shows great promise, Tachibana. Tachibana uses up his salary right off the bat and says he doesn't even have an apartment to live in. Riichi allows Tachibana to stay with him and orders him around both in his work and private lives, but every day, he has his hands full with Tachibana's nonsense. And on top of all of that, Tachibana fell in love with him at first sight and tries to seduce him day and night!

As it's becoming more and more common, I started reading just a few pages to get an idea of what I was getting myself into, and I ended up devouring the first volume. Naturally, the only logical decision was to read the second one, which I finished even faster. The chemistry of the characters, the twists, and the developments are so well taken care of I couldn’t stop.

It was also a nice addition that the creator didn’t take the easy way in many things. Sure, there were some scenes that could have been longer, that would have given the story more subplots. However, Riichi and Mario’s relationship, and the subsequent events that affected it, were always front and central.

I would have preferred those scenes to be more developed, however. There was so much potential in each of them to develop, the ways they’d affect Riichi and Mario, that it was a bit underwhelming in some cases. It’s not a big deal, but it would have taken the romance, along with the whole story, to a new level.

All in all, it was beautiful, it was cute, it was entertaining, and it was lovable. If you’re looking for a romance with an intercultural romance, mental health issues, and sexual awakening, with a beautiful artwork that complements the script at all times, this is for you.

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment