Friday, April 7, 2023

Manga: A Complicated Omega's Second Love

Hello hello. I've wanted to share this manga with you for a long while. I read it during my rest and fell in love with the characters in no time, so I'm sure you will as well. I'm talking about A Complicated Omega's Second Love, by Kichi Uekawa. Thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy!

  • Print Length: 208 pages.
  • Publisher: TokyoPop.
  • Publication Date: May 16, 2023 .
  • Genres: Drama, Gay, Comedy, Manga, Romance, Omegaverse, Yaoi.
  • Rating: 4 / 5 stars.
Sakura, an office worker at the top of his game working for a major company, has a complex over being an Omega. He hates that Alphas are always oppressing Omegas and has resolved to be Mate-free for life. One day, however, he loses his memory in a freak accident, and finds out that somehow he and his colleague — an Alpha named Narushige, whom he's always thought of as a rival — have become mated! At first, Sakura is adamantly against the arrangement, but by and by, Narushige's steadfast compassion, trust, and affection as his partner leave Sakura finding himself attracted to him...

Let me start by saying Thanks heaven! I've seen several mangas and doujinshis that include omegaverse, but it's a genre that lends itself too easily to rape and abuse, especially to romanticize them. However, this is an exception to the rule!

The beginning is kind of shady, serving as a setting for a complicated relationship, and I was afraid it would be forced, but it's only forced proximity with a healthy dose of realism, ¡and some comedy relief! I enjoyed my time with Sakura and Narushige, how natural and cute their relationship developed, and the chemistry they had between them. You don't find that too often!

As an omegaverse, however, there are some typical elements I won't spoil but that didn't surprise me. I would have liked a different take on the genre, something I wouldn't have expected; besides the wholesome romance, that is! I felt there was room for improvement, some innovation since this is the kind of omega I enjoy. That's my only complain.

All in all, A Complicated Omega's Second Love is a great reading to pass your time. While the dubious consent might be tricky and could have been more explored, it's a simple story that makes you happy, makes you smile, and turns the heat on when it has to. Extra points for breaking a nasty trend and offering a good love story instead!

Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment