Monday, May 30, 2022

Poem: The Boy in Yellow

Who will give me back the suns I've missed?
Who will give me back the moons I've cried?
If I were to leave, if I were to fly from here,
Would it matter that I did my best, that I tried?

I search in vain in every speck of dust,
I've done my best, I've smiled to every face,
Yet I stay alone, I stay alone, I stay at home,
And feel another crack, small, oh, so small, but another one.

Why bother talking, wasting my time?
Why hold my breath over and over again?
I wish I could go and take flight,
Arrive to the arms of the one who's more than a friend.

I'm a wish, I'm a dream, I'm the whisper in between,
I'm the lips who wait untouched, the rebel heart.
I'm the spark in my very flesh, I'm not real,
I'm nothing at all, a universe, yet blank.

I don't want to go back in time, not a single day,
I wouldn't change this present for my past.
I still have much to do, still to much to say,
But I cover my eyes as morning arrives.


Kinky regards, K!

Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter!
Remember this blog lusts after your comments and shares to grow healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment